Tuesday 28 August 2012

Time for self-defense classes

I've been thinking for some time now that I should start taking some form of self-defense classes.  Actually I lie I have been watching people train in MMA and kind of think it would be cool to umm train with all those fit guys.  What can I say I like men who have nice bodies!!

Anyway I had a date last Friday night, well not a date exactly more of a meet for the first time and see how we get along.  We had been chatting for awhile, that means in the word of online dating we had been messaging for at least a couple of days and had spoken on the phone once.  I was free on the Friday night and he offered to meet up for a drink so I'm all for new experiences so thought why not.

It started off badly, well not badly as such more I was running late and got kind of lost a bit.  By lost it means the sat nav leaves it to the very last moment to tell me to turn and so I normally miss turnings.  I do now have a good knowledge about New Brighton in the dark and which streets you should lock your car doors on when you go down them.

So the brief was to park in his road and call him, so this I did after accidentally emptying the contents of my bag on the pavement. Then this guy comes up to me, suffice to say his pictures on POF (Plenty of Fish) where probably a few years old and he has since put on some weight, which fair enough we all do and I have nothing against that but it is kind of wrong in my point of view, false advertising and all of that.

Anyway after a quick hello he then takes me to a pub, this I don't mind even though I had stated that pubs and clubs are not fully my scene and that I don't drink alcohol.  I should clear that up a bit I do drink alcohol but not often and I need to be in the right company if I do.  So mine was a lemonade & lime, my drink of the moment and his was a pint of beer.  He kept making remarks about the fact that I should have a proper drink but I stuck to my guns and said no.  At the start of the night he was funny, charming etc and all of that stuff men put on show for a first meeting with a girl.  Three pints later it was a different story to be honest, by this time I could see that he was a bit tipsy and the pub was getting pretty busy which is out of my comfort zone.  So I suggested we leave in the hope I could go home if I'm honest.

That is when it all goes a bit scary, its about a 10 minute walk back to my car in the pouring rain with a guy who I don't know that well and is pissed and three times as big as I am.  So on the way back he decides that he wants something other than a chat from me!  At this point he had me against a wall and was trying to force his tongue down my throat, not what I expected and certainly not what I wanted!! I managed to get him off me and convinced him to get me back to my car at which point I made a swift exit.

This scared me to death anything could have happened, but I'm a grown woman of 31 why the hell did I even put myself into this position.  What an idiot I was!!  In fact I'm still kicking myself over the fact that I let this happen at all and have promptly decided going out at night with a man who I don't know that well is now on my 'Do NOT do' list. Which then leads me to my thought about taking self-defense classes, after speaking to a couple of friends I think this is definitely something I need to do.

Does anyone else have any bad first date experiences?


No comments:

Post a Comment